Swallowtail Farm is hosting it’s 6th annual Spring Festival on Saturday, April 11th from 11am - 9pm. The infamous farmer Joel Salatin Will be at the event until 3:45pm and will be giving a keynote speech at 2pm. There will also be a pre-festival workshop with Joel from 9am - 11am. Salatin was featured in Michael Pollen’s best selling book The Omnivores Dilemma, and has been dubbed “the high priest of the pasture” by the NY Times. Salatin is one of the most influential, entertaining and compelling voices in the small scale sustainable farming movement today. Admission to the festival includes all workshops, demonstrations & activities. Kids 12 and under are free! Tickets will be available at the gate for $25. Get early bird ticket prices & the festival schedule by visiting https://swallowtail.webconnex.com/Springfest2015
The Swallowtail Spring Festival is a celebration of community, locality, rural wisdom & Spring’s bounty. There is truly something for everyone at this dynamic and joyous event.
- Local food & drink will be served up all day long by Swamp Head Brewery, Humble Pie Pizza, Off the Griddle, Fables Catering, Heart & Seul, Jersey Creamery Ice Cream, & Fed Food co.
- There will be live music all day long provided by The Shambles, Captive Eddies, Flat land,
- Kids activities will include face paining, kite making, farm tours, hay bale maze, chicken coop mural painting, sprinkler splash zone, & much more.
- There will be workshops throughout the day on cheese making, wild foraging, backyard bee hives, cut flower propagation, bio-char making, Florida archeology & basket weaving.
- Demonstrations will include blacksmithing, pottery making, kite building & yarn spinning.
- Joel Salatin will be giving two short workshops on grass farming & rotational grazing.